Motor Accident or Fire Claims


How to Make a Claim

Submit within 30 days of incident:

  • Completed claim form
  • Copy of driver’s licence
  • Copy of vehicle fitness & registration certificates
  • Copy of certificate of insurance or cover note covering loss date
  • Lien discharge (where applicable)
  • Duty waiver (where applicable)
  • Fire report (where necessary)
  • Repair estimate

If estimate exceeds policy excess, an assessor (and possibly an investigator) will be appointed.

On receipt of report(s), settlement will be determined less any applicable excess.

For total loss settlements, If ICWI opts to take the salvage, original vehicle documents (including endorsed title) and keys will be required. Letters of undertaking to the mortgagee to release title, or to the Finance Ministry to waive duty concession, may be required. Upon receipt of all documentation, our release will be issued.

For cash-in-lieu settlements, no GCT is paid unless a bill in ICWI’s name is presented upon completion of repairs.

ICWI may either source parts for delivery to repairer, or authorise the repairer to source parts. Upon completion, a satisfaction note must be signed and submitted with the repairer’s final bill, and then a cheque issued.

Cheques are issued within 5 working days of receipt of signed release, or satisfaction note and final bill.