How to make theft claims
Submit within 30 days of incident:
- Completed theft claim form
- Copy of driver’s licence for last driver/ custodian
- Original/ certified copies of vehicle documentss
- Original certificate of insurance, loss declaration or cover note for date of loss
- Lien discharge (where applicable)
- Duty waiver (where applicable)
- Last valuation of vehicle (where necessary)
- All keys
Obtain a police report with a letter provided by ICWI. If vehicle documents are stolen, ICWI will provide you with letters to retrieve replacements.
We will appoint an investigator to compile a report. Once received, a settlement decision is made less policy excess.
If vehicle is subject of a lien, we will issue a letter to obtain a release of the title.
On receipt of police report, documents (including endorsed title) and keys, we will issue a release for your signature.
Cheque is issued within five working days of receipt of signed release.